Acne scars on nose are caused by the inflammation of the skin pores. The inflammation occurs when excess oils, dead skin and bacteria accumulate under the skin. This then causes the skin pores to swell and thus breaking the follicle wall.
The breakage of the follicle wall may cause either shallow or deep lesions. The shallow breakage of the follicle wall is not very serious and can get healed within a very short period of time. However, if the breakage is very deep, the pores on the skin tend to spill out waste materials into the outside environment and this normally cause the formation of deep lesions.
How does the skin repair the lesions on the skin? The skin plays a very significant role in the repair of skin lesions. The skin usually achieve this by the formation of new collagen fibers. However, the skin gets back to normal but cannot attain the full texture as its initial state.
Difference between acne scars and acne marks on the nose
There exists a clear difference between acne scars and acne marks. Most people find it difficult to differentiate between acne scars from dark spots. Before administering any treatment, it is always good to have knowledge on the clear differences between acne marks and acne scar.
Acne scars appear on the outer part of the skin. They appear as brown or red in color. The other feature of acne marks it that, they are caused by the inflammation of the skin. They acne marks develop during the healing process. In other terms, the acne scars form when the normal skin tissue is destroyed or damaged and then replaced by a fibrous material.
Acne scars are actually wounds in nature and there are two type of acne scars, hypertrophic and atrophic scars.
- Hypertrophic scars.
- Atrophic acne scars.
An acne mark is simply the skin discoloration that after an injury or blemish. Acne marks do fade away on their own after a given period of time. It may take up to three (3) months for the acne marks to fade away. However, the acne marks can be easily removed by use of chemicals and cortisone injections.
Types of acne scars on the nose.
There are several types of acne scars that affect the nose, below is a brief of the different kinds of acne scars on the nose;
1. Blackheads on nose
Blackheads are very small bumps that form on the skin. This bumps are caused by clogged hair follicles. They termed blackheads since they cause the skin to become dark. Blackheads not only form on the nose but also on the arms, shoulders, chest, on the neck region and on the back.
There are many other factors that leads to the formation of blackheads. This includes the excessive production of oils on the skin, irritation of the hair follicles, hormonal changes in the body or at times the use of certain drugs.
Blackheads is a very common type of acne normally affects the nose and the nasal area.
2. Whiteheads on nose
Whiteheads results when dead skin cells mix with the oils and bacteria. The mixture causes clogging of the pores on the skin.
While blackheads form on the surface of the skin, the whiteheads form under the surface of the skin.
It is important to note that, while whiteheads can appear at any point of anyone’s, they are normally associated with certain stages of human life. Some of the stages include, puberty, menopause, pregnancy and during menstruation period.
Apart from whiteheads being caused by the mixture of oil, bacteria and dead skin cells, there are several other causes. These are,
- Changes in the hormonal structure.
- Use of cosmetics.
- The prolonged use of certain medications.
In addition, whiteheads is very distinct from normal skin infections as some people perceive.
3. Papule acne
Acne takes various forms. Papule is one of the many forms of acne scars. However papule acne is very different from the other types of acnes like whiteheads. Papules are very small in size and appear to be pink or as small red bumps on the skin.
In addition, papules are very painful to touch and feel. This is because most of the papule acne scars are usually pus filled though very small. The papules are very hard to recognize due to their small size. They may resemble the normal pimples on the face.
4. Pustule acne
Pustules are another form of acne. It refers to type of acnes that has been inflamed. Moreover, pustule form of acne is very hard to touch and feel though it is filled with pus. Pustule acne normally appear in form white in color and have pale yellow spots at the center.
This is one of the more severe types of acne which is much larger than papules or pustules. A nodule is a painful and inflamed bump. It doesn’t have pus and is hard to the touch. This can only be cured by proper medical treatment and usually requires the use of strong medicines.
What are dark acne scars on nose?
Dark acne mostly appear at the tip of the nose on the nostrils. The scars can be easily identified since they are very distinct from the other scars on the nose. These marks are troublesome and embarrassing. This calls for an individual to look for treatment to get rid of the scars faster.
The dark marks can easily be removed by use of lemon juice. The juice contains an acid that makes the dark acne scars to lighten and fade away.
Raised acne scar bumps on nose
Raised acne scars are developed due to the production of excess collagen by the body. This happens during the healing process when the process when the body produces more of collagen to recover the lost skin and underlying tissues. When the collagen is in excess, it accumulates on the scars thereby forming raised acne scars on the nose.
Cystic acne and scarring on nose
Is it possible to have a cystic acne on the nose? A cyst on the nose is a form of a chronic acne that is very large and painful. The Cystic acne can affect anyone but it is very common in boys and girls at their puberty stage.
When a cystic acne heals and disappears, it leaves a scarring on the skin. When the cystic acne is very big and severe, it may cause the formation of deep scar marks that may take some time to disappear or at times fail to disappear. Scarring however, is a natural healing process even in accordance to Medline Plus.
How to remove acne spots on nose naturally
Acne scars can removed on the nose naturally by use of homemade remedies. Below are some of the most commonly used and effective home remedies for acne scars.
1. Tea Tree oil
Tea tree oil is a very excellent home remedy for acne scars on the nose. It has, antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and anti-fungal properties which makes it very significant. In addition, tea tree oil is not only used for the treatment of acne scars but all the forms of acne and many other skin complications.
Tea tree oil helps get rid of acne spots due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The remedy is also a hydrating agent that hydrates the scars making them to diminish.
Therefore, for maximum results when using tea tree oil, follow the simple steps below:-
- Mix tea tree oil with an appropriate amount of water.
- Using cotton wool, swab the tea tree oil solution.
- Apply the solution on the affected parts of the nose.
- Repeat the above steps until the acne spots diminish.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is widely known as a bleaching agent. Therefore, when the lemon juice is applied on the acne spots, it makes the spots to become lighter and even fading them. Moreover, lemon juice has vitamin C that aid in rebuilding of collagen.
The remedy should be used day after day to obtain good results at the end. Below is a brief outline on how to use,
- Obtain a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice.
- Use a cotton ball and dip it in lemon juice and apply this juice to the affected scar area on the nose.
- Dilute the lemon juice very well with amount of water in cases where the skin is very sensitive.
- Lemon juice can added to two teaspoons of Vitamin E oil before applying.
Note that, Vitamin E is a good emollient with a lot of antioxidants that protects and even enhances your skin texture. Lemon juice mask can also be used instead of the juice itself.
3. Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera is normally termed as a wonder herb or at times a miracle herb. This is because of its popularity and effectiveness among the home remedies. It is widely used as home remedy to cure many ailments.
Fresh aloe Vera is always the best option. The fresh aloe Vera gel contains vitamins that are responsible for healing and fading of the ache spots on the nose. The gel can also be used to treat many other skin ailments like burns, wounds, and scars.
In addition, aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer to the skin. Thus when applied on the skin, it moisturizes the skin and accelerate fading of acne spots.
Before using the aloe Vera gel, it’s always to have knowledge on how to use it:-
- Obtain a fresh aloe Vera from the Aloe Vera plant.
- Break off the leaf on one side and peel the outer covering to expose the gel.
- Then, apply the gel evenly on the acne spots on the nose.
- Allow the gel to stay on the acne spots for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat this for a couple of weeks for effectiveness.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is yet an alternate popular remedy to get rid of acne scars through its exfoliating effects. Baking soda can be utilized to exfoliate the skin and minimize the appearance of acne scars. The gentle coarse granules of soda mixed with water to remove the dead skin layer off your face without any inflammation.
Below is how to utilize baking soda to get rid of acne scars,
- Take a few teaspoons of baking soda and utilizing water to make a steady paste.
- Gently massage your face with this paste concentrating on pimple scars.
- After rubbing for 1-2 minutes, leave the paste there on the face for a couple of minutes.
- Now wash off with warm water.
- Apply some moisturizer, ideally olive oil.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week to get rid of acne scars.
5. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is an excellent skin moisturizer with very powerful healing properties. Therefore, the coconut oil remedy can be used to moisturize the skin around the nose and thus allowing the acne spots to fade off. Note that organic virgin oil is the best brand in the market.
- Get about a quarter of a teaspoon of virgin organic oil.
- Put it on the palm of your hand and allow it to melt at the body temperature.
- Then, massage the oil on the acne spot on the nose using a finger tip.
- Allow it to stay for a while to soak.
Honey is a great natural solution for clearing up pimples and reducing the red marks they left. Honey has strong antibacterial properties and helps to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. Raw honey is the best. You can apply it directly or on the nose.
Honey is a great choice for those with sensitive skin, as honey is non-bothering, and will moisturize your skin instead of drying it out. If possible get some pearl powder, then add a pinch of it in the honey for better and effective results. Pearl powder helps in reducing the inflammation and get rid of acne scars.
Follow the steps below in order to get rid of acne scars naturally,
- Apply honey on the scars and leave it overnight in order to get rid of acne scars.
- Upon waking up in the morning, wash it off with normal water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with ¼ glass of oatmeal.
- Apply this mixture gently on pimple scars.
- Leave it for around 15 to 20 minutes, and then use the lukewarm water to wash it off.
- Add ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder with 1 tablespoon of honey and apply on the scars.
- Leave it for 60 minutes. You can even utilize it overnight.
7. Use honey-aspirin mask to get rid of acne scars
In spite of the fact that aspirin is not a natural ingredient, yet you can always utilize it with honey to get rid of acne scars. Aspirin contains salicylic acid and it works as a wonder and its gritty texture provides for you consummate exfoliation.
For effective use,
- Put the aspirins in a couple of drops of water till they get disintegrated into it and form a paste. Don’t utilize an excessive amount of water as you need a gritty texture for exfoliation.
- Make a paste by mixing honey to aspirin and water.
- Apply on your scars and leave for 15 minutes.
- Presently wash it off.
8. Olive Oil Remedy for Acne Scars
Olive oil can be said to be the most skin friendly oil because it contains a ton of vitamins (A, D, E, C, B1 and B2), antioxidants and iron. Olive oil also has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to get rid of acne scars.
How to use olive oil to get rid of acne scars,
- You need to apply olive oil to your scars before going to the bed.
- Take a little olive oil and gently massage on the affected areas.
- Massage for a couple of minutes till the time you can feel that all the oil has been absorbed by your skin.
- Now, take a clean towel or cloth and wrap it into warm water.
- Put the warm wet cloth onto your face to get the steam.
- Now wipe away the abundance oil gently with the cloth. Don’t rub in any case.
- After 1-2 minutes, wash off your face with ordinary water.
9. Raw Potato
Raw potato can do wonders in evacuating your pimple scars in the event that you allow them to work for a considerable length of time with patience.
How to use raw potato to get rid of acne scars,
- Cut few round slices from a raw potato.
- Take a slice and rub it gently over your face in circular movement.
- You have to keep on doing the same until the potato slice gets dry.
- Take an alternate slice and do likewise.
- Repeat this for around 15-20 minutes.
- Now leave the face as it is so that the extra potato juice is absorbed by your skin.
- Now wash off.
- Apply some moisturizer that suits your skin.
- Do this raw potato massage 3-4 times a week for no less than 1-2 months depending upon your scars to get rid of acne scars.
10. Raw Tomatoes to Get Rid of Acne Scars naturally
The red good tomatoes also can wipe out the scars from your face. There are two ways you can do this -simple and one which is not that simple. First and foremost, the simple way.
- Take a ready red tomato and cut it into pieces.
- Crush the pieces to make a pulp of the tomato.
- Apply this tomato pulp on your face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off your face.
- Repeat this daily for a week or two to get rid of acne scars.
11. Potato mask
Potato mask is an alternative and effective method for acne scars on the nose. It is a combination of potatoes, cucumber and avocados. In order to use the mask, follow the guidelines below:-
- Obtain the pulp out of tomatoes.
- Grate the cucumber and avocados and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix every one of them.
- Apply on your you nostrils paying attention on the acne spots.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
12. Sandalwood Paste
Sandalwood is known for its skin healing properties, and is not hard to get prepared at home.
- Simply mix one tablespoon of sandalwood powder with a few drops of rose water or milk to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to the influenced area and leave it on for no sort of what 30 former minutes flushing.
- Repeat this process daily until your scars have vanished.
- Then again, you can mix the sandalwood powder with somewhat honey and use this as a spot treatment on individual scars.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps manage the pH of your skin, improving its appearance about whether and serving to reduce the appearance of red marks and scars.
- Debilitate the vinegar to a large portion of its quality with water.
- Apply it to the influenced area reliably with a cotton ball until the scars begin to fade.
Sources and references
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery: Acne Scars
- STYLE CRAZE: Different Types Of Acne And How To Identify Them?
- Heal Cure: Whiteheads on Nose Causes, How to Get Rid, Treat or Prevent Nasal Whiteheads
- COM: Acne Treatment for Papules
- STYLECASTER: Acne Scars and Dark Spots
- Teen VOGUE: How to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Dark Marks: Your Complete Guide
- Rapid Home Remedies: 11 Top Remedies to Remove Acne Scars
- LETHOW: How to Get Rid Of Acne Scars (Home Remedies
- Acne: Acne Scars on Nose Hypertrophic, Big, Cystic, How to Cover and Get Rid of Nose Acne Scars