- 1. Anti-inflammatory properties
- 2. Anti- allergic properties
- 3. Antiseptic benefits
- 4. Antioxidant and benefits
- 5. Antimicrobial properties
- 6. Moisturizing effects
- 7. Lessen stretch marks visibility
- 8. Astringent properties
- 1. Honey and Aloe Vera for pimples
- 2. Aloe Vera and Lemon for Pimples
- 3. Aloe Vera with Tea Tree oil good for acne pimples
- 4. Aloe Vera with Vitamin E
- 5. Aloe Vera with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6. Turmeric and Aloe vera for pimples acne
- 7. Aloe vera and Garlic
- 8. Aloe vera and Cinnamon
- 9. Aloe vera
- 10. Aloe Vera Drink
Aloe Vera has been given many names ‘plant for life’ ‘miracle plant’ and ‘wand of heaven’. This succulent plant stores water in leaves, stem and roots. The beauty benefits are well known across the world. Aloe vera contains saponins that kills bacterial and viruses.
The benefits include; lightens skin pigments, promote skin regeneration. It removes excess oil and dirt, alleviates itching sensation and very effective in getting rid of acne, pimples, zits and bumps pictures. Its widely used as natural food flavoring, cosmetics, herbal remedies and as food supplements etc.
What are the Benefits of Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera (botanical name Aloe barbadensis miller) has approximately 420 species of the genus Aloe. It is a perennial xerophytic succulent plant that has green triangular flesh leaves with serrated edges. It belongs to Liliaceae family, believed to have geographical origin of Sudan and then spread to other areas.
Aloe vera is one of the most active biological species with over 75 potentially active known components; enzymes, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, saccharides, anthraquinones, saponins, lignin and salicylic acids. It can be consumed orally or externally applied on skin. Its benefits include
1. Anti-inflammatory properties
Aloe vera contains hormones (auxins and gibberellins) and fatty acids (campesterol, lupeol, cholesterol, and beta-sisosterol) that provide anti-inflammatory results and healing of the pimples wounds. According to study done in 1996 of clinical physiology in Sweden, the rapid relief rate and skin regeneration of itchy and burning sensation caused by dermatitis was concluded to be 83%.
Another study in 2009 for dermatological purposes suggested that oral administration of aloe vera works effectively to heal wounds and decrease size and number or papilloma’s (small pimple like growth on skin). The study concluded that it is 90% effective in incident of liver, bone marrow and spleen tumors.
2. Anti- allergic properties
Aloe vera contains sugars of monosaccharides (fructose and glucose) and polysaccharides categories. The sugars contain anti allergic and also anti-inflammatory properties which help in preventing acne pimples breakout as well as relieving pain. This makes it good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps and acne that occurs as a result of allergic reactions.
3. Antiseptic benefits
Aloe vera has lupeol fatty acid which possesses antiseptic and analgesic properties which is good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps and acne. It is a powerful antiseptic where normal cleaning is difficult. It is extremely powerful in treating gum diseases (periodontitis, gingivitis), arthritis, ulcers, denture stomatitis and rheumatism
4. Antioxidant and benefits
Aloe vera help to protect the skin form skin cancers and inflammation after exposure to the sun. Bradykinase, an extract present in aloe vera help to reduce excessive inflammation especially when applied to the skin topically. Its known to naturally treat eczema and acne as well as accelerating the skin healing process. Vitamins presents also help fight free radical damage and makes it good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps.
- Vitamin A, help maintain healthy skin, vision and neurological functions due to its antioxidant that reduce inflammation
- Vitamin C help protect the body from cardiovascular, eyes, prenatal diseases and skin wrinkles.
- Vitamin E a powerful antioxidant that reduce free radical skin damage and inflammation and naturally reduce aging of cells.
- Zinc, copper, selenium magnesium potassium, calcium, sodium and manganese that are essential of proper functioning of various enzymes systems.
5. Antimicrobial properties
According to study by researchers at university of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Spain, they concluded that a methanol extract of aloe vera skin contains antimycoplasmic elements. Antimycoplasmic substance help in destroying mycoplasma (a bacterial that lack cell walls and unaffected by many antibiotics).
6. Moisturizing effects
The journal of Radiation Oncology reports that aloe vera may have preventive use on reducing the incidence of skin side effects on patient treated with radiation therapy. Scientists at Kyung Hee University Global Campus agree with authors in Phytotherapy Research that ‘Baby Aloe shot extract’ may potentially protect skin from UVB rays damage.
The authors of Journal of Pakistan Medical Association concludes that aloe vera have a remarkable benefit in treating second degree burns wounds compared to those treated with silver sulfadiazine. Aloe moisturizers is also recommendable to those with oily skin complexion since it moisturizes without giving greasy feel. Thus good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps, acne.
- For women aloe vera moisturizers is great for the face prior application of makeup, it helps prevent skin drying.
- For men aloe vera gel is good used as an after shave treatment due to its healing properties for pimples, dark spots, razor marks and treat small cuts caused by shaving.
7. Lessen stretch marks visibility
Aloe vera help to reduce skin damage caused by excessive weight gain or loss and pregnancy. Use of Aloe vera is known to help hide stretch marks as well as healing the wounds (unsightly stretch marks) and thus good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps. It also helps to get rid of acne pimples as result of hormonal changes during and after pregnancy.
8. Astringent properties
It helps remove excess oil and dirk from the skin pores that could have caused bumps breakout on your skin. This also help reduce the size of inflamed nodules and relieve irritation, itchiness and pain caused by swelling. This make it good for pimples, scars, shaving bumps.
- Help regulate skin pH; salicylic substance found in aloe vera help unclog pores, balance skin pH, thus eliminating bumps, zits and acne scars. It also helps in tightening the pores decreasing the exposure to bacteria dirt and germs.
- Help in promoting skin regeneration; aloe gel contains anthraquinine that promotes skin cell development and restoration. This help in removing acne pimple scars and your skin looks radiant and flawless
- It improved digestion and relieve constipation and ulcers when consumed orally
- It may help in enhancing memory, learning and alleviating depression; an animal experiment in mice although further studies still needed on humans, according to Nutritional Neuroscience.
- It helps to speed up hair growth, reduce dandruffs, smoothen hair, shrink warts, lower blood sugar detoxify and has laxative effects.
- It helps purify blood and stimulate skin cell growth that help heal damaged skin and make it good for pimples, acne, scars, shaving bumps and wounds.
- It contains glycol –proteins that reduce irritation, itchiness and redness caused by pimples, acne scars, shaving bumps.
- Aloe is rich in ferments; carotenoids, flavonoids and Catechins that help to make food easier to digest and nutrients easier to assimilate. This help to fight digestive caused pimples, acne scars and bumps.
How to use Aloe Vera for Pimples and Acne?
Can I use aloe vera to get rid of pimples, acne, scars and bumps? Yes, aloe vera is good for dry skin, for scrub, acne and sensitive skin.
1. Honey and Aloe Vera for pimples
Honey has antibacterial agent, antioxidants and has cleansing and healing properties.
- Blend 1 tablespoon aloe vera, 1 raw honey and 1-2 tablespoons of rose water to make it smooth.
- Add a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply the blended mixture on pimples affected areas.
- Wait for about 20 minute and wash it off.
- Repeat the process thrice per week to get rid of pimples, acne scars.
2. Aloe Vera and Lemon for Pimples
Lemon has antibacterial properties, cleanses, purifies your skin and tighten the skin pores.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of aloe gel with few drops of lemon juice (Lime and grapefruit juice can be alternatively used).
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and let it lay stay overnight (if it feels too sticky leave it for an hour before rinsing it off).
- Repeat every day until it heals (If you have sensitive skin replace lemon juice with tomato juice).
3. Aloe Vera with Tea Tree oil good for acne pimples
Tea tree has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory properties and help to control oil production.
- Mix 2-3 tablespoons of aloe gel with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off in the morning.
- Repeat it daily until you get rid of zits bumps scars
Tea tree oil may cause rashes on sensitive skin, test it first before daily use.
4. Aloe Vera with Vitamin E
- Mix aloe gel with oil form vitamin E capsule.
- Apply on the affected areas and let it dry.
- Rinse off after an hour or overnight.
- Repeat regularly until the pimple scars fades away.
5. Aloe Vera with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar acts as an astringent on your skin that removes bacteria and normalize your skin pH.
- Mix 1 tablespoon aloe gel with half spoon apple cider vinegar and half spoon water.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat regularly; apple cider may cause irritation on sensitive skin.
6. Turmeric and Aloe vera for pimples acne
- Mix 1 tablespoon chickpea flour, half table spoon turmeric and 1-2 tablespoons of aloe gel.
- Add a few drops of water if paste is too thick.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and wait for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry (Turmeric may stain your skin, Rub gently with lemon juice).
- Repeat about twice per week.
7. Aloe vera and Garlic
Garlic as antibacterial properties that reduce inflammation, fight free radical damage and absorbs excess sebum.
- Crush 3 cloves of garlic and add it to half cup of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of garlic juice to aloe gel.
- Mix and apply on the affected areas.
- Gently massage until dry.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat frequently to get rid of acne pimples.
8. Aloe vera and Cinnamon
Cinnamon improves blood circulation, oxygen supply and de-clogs the pores as it dry pimples.
- Mix well 1 tablespoon of aloe gel, 1 tablespoon of honey and a pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Apply on the affected area.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning.
- Repeat regularly.
9. Aloe vera
- Extract gel from aloe leaf (you may choose to use store bough aloe juice or gel).
- Wash the affected area and pat dry.
- Apply the extracted gel on the affected cleaned area.
- Leave it overnight and rinse off in the morning.
- Repeat daily to get rid of acne, pimple and scars.
- Pour boiling water over shredded aloe leaves.
- Boil for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to solution to coil and strain it.
- Use the solution to wipe the affected area.
- Repeat twice daily for maximum benefits.
10. Aloe Vera Drink
If the pimples won’t go away, you may consider making aloe drink as well as minerals and vitamin supplements. Consumption of aloe vera unclogs pores, purifies blood, detoxifies, reduce inflammation and prevent infections.
- Extract aloe gel from aloe vera leaf (blend it with some water to make juice).
- Blend 2-3 table spoon of aloe gel juice, 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1-2 tablespoons honey, 1 cup of citrus juice and 1 cup of water unit smooth.
- Pour the blend into a glass and consume immediately.
- Repeat the process daily.
Things to remember when making aloe vera juice
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult doctor before drinking the juice.
- Discard yellow oozing substance it can cause diarrhea and stomach cramps.
- Drink fresh juice only. The juice oxidizes due to slight delays that leads to loss of all nutrients present in it.
- Wash the aloe leaf thoroughly before use.
- Use Fresh extracted aloe gel for maximum benefits than stored one.
- Wear gloves when cutting aloe leaf to avoid irritation.
- Increased consumption may expose you to colorectal cancer and other health problems thus avoid excess use.
- If taking other medicines consult your doctor.
- If prone to hemorrhoids, ulcers irritable bowel consults your doctor before consumption to void other health problem.