- What causes blackheads on chest?
- Deep blackheads on chest that won’t go away
- How to remove and get rid of blackheads on chest fast
- Home remedies for blackheads
Blackheads are black swellings on the surface of the skin caused by blocked follicles on the skin. A blackhead contains dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum. The black heads are usually dark in color because the sebum contained in them makes the color pigment of the skin to be eaten up therefore the skin turns dark.
Blackheads can appear at any part of the body but they are more common on the nose and the chest. They are caused by blockage of the follicles due to overproduction of sebum by the sebaceous glands which is caused by hormonal changes especially during puberty, menstrual periods and during pregnancy. They can also be caused by use of cosmetics which clog the hair follicles therefore blocking pores, sweating too much and allergic reactions.
What causes blackheads on chest?
Blackheads on the chest has a wide range of causes. The causes may also vary in males and females. Below are some of the causes of blackheads in females and males.
Females are also affected by blackheads. The formation of blackheads in females is caused by:-
1. Wearing small sized bras
The skin around the chest region is very sensitive; this is because it is usually not exposed to ultra violet rays from
the sun. Wearing small sized bras reduces air flow in the follicles which may cause blockage of the pores.
When pores block, sebum, dead skin cells and bacteria accumulate in the blocked pore causing sebum to be oxidized making the coloring pigment of the skin to lose its color. This makes the part of the skin to be black and swell outwards because of continuous accumulation bacteria, sebum and skin cells.
2. Bacterial and fungal infections
The female chest region on the breasts is often dumb, because of this, bacteria and fungi grow on the skin. The bacteria may cause infections which may block follicles and lead to formation of blackheads. Fungi cause rashes to form on the skin. When the skin is rubbed or scratched roughly, the follicles may be damaged leading to blockage then formation of blackheads.
3. Breast cancer
Breast cancer causes the part affected to form a bump because of abnormal multiplication of skin cells. The cells multiply very fast and form a bump. The cells distort the normal skin cells making them to die or become in active. When hair follicles become dormant, bacteria, dead cells and sebum accumulate in pores causing the dark blackhead to form.
4. Poor personal hygiene
Sweat and oils accumulate on the chest area after workouts and hard tasks. When the sweat and oils are left on the chest area for long time, they block skin pores and cause blackheads to form because of oxidation of sebum which neutralizes skin coloring agent making a dark color and bumps to form on the skin.
5. Overproduction of milk by breastfeeding mothers
Overproduction of milk causes milk to ooze out of nipples without the consent of the mother, this milk spreads on the chest region. Bacteria thrive well in a moist environment; they also feed on the milk if it is not cleaned from the chest skin immediately.
The bacteria may cause infections on the skin causing the blockage of hair follicles which is the primary reason for the formation of blackheads.
Blackheads on chest does not only affect males. The blackheads do not just come on their own. They are caused by several factors. Below are some of the causes of blackheads on chest in males:-
1. Wearing tight vests and t-shits
Tight clothing on the chest region reduces air flow to the chest skin. This makes the area to be moist because of accumulation of sweat and body oils. The moisture on the skin provides conducive environment for bacteria to thrive and cause infections which block the follicles leading to blackheads.
2. Allergic reactions
An allergy is a hypersensitive reaction by the body’s immune system to a harmless allergen. An allergic reaction
might be as a result of using soap which has allergens or using water which has been contaminated by allergens. Body lotions can also trigger allergic reactions.
The allergens trigger the body’s immune system to produce white blood cells in the region where the allergens are, the white blood cells are responsible for the formation of blackheads.
3. Trauma to the chest region
Trauma on the chest can be caused by scrubbing the chest region with a hard substance during bathing. The scrubbing may damage hair follicles making them to be inactive. This will lead to accumulation of materials in pores. The accumulation causes swelling on the skin, when sebum inside the swelling is oxidized; the swelling will turn dark forming blackheads on the chest.
4. Shaving of chest hairs
During the process of shaving chest hairs, some hair follicles get pulled out with the hair. This causes accumulation of materials in pores which lead to chest blackheads. Some people have poor hair removal techniques; the use of chemicals to remove the hair or use of tapes may cause damage to follicles leading to chest blackheads.blackheads on male chest
Deep blackheads on chest that won’t go away
Do you have blackheads on your chest that are chronic, don’t go away? It should be noted that, all forms are not the same. This is simply because of the difference in the root causes. Therefore the difference in the causes of the blackheads makes them respond differently to different kinds of treatment.
Some blackheads on chest may fail to go away due to the resistance on medication. In such cases, the patient will have to seek special treatment from a doctor because the use of homemade remedies may fail to work.
How to remove and get rid of blackheads on chest fast
Blackheads are uncomfortable and painful at times. Knowing how to get rid of them fast is very beneficial to one’s health. Below are some of the practices that can help get rid of blackheads on chest?
1. Exfoliate the skin surface around the chests
Exfoliation is aimed at removing the dead skin cells on the human skin. Therefore, this practice will greatly help get rid of the blackheads. However, if the skin is not exfoliated, dean skin accumulated on the skin will mix with sebum and bacteria that will cause blockage of the pores thus developing blackheads.
2. Open the pores on chest
Open pores makes the process of dirt removal very easy. When the pores are open, the waste materials can come out easily. This can be achieved by use of warm compress application on the chests using a sponge or other a piece of cloth.
3. Use of blackhead extractors to remove the blackheads
Blackhead extractor is a very simple and easy to use tool. However, someone else must do it for use to avoid injuries. Never try to squeeze the blackheads because it might lead to other infections.
Home remedies for blackheads
How can you get rid of blackheads naturally? In order to get rid of blackheads naturally, then it will involve the use of home remedies which are natural, readily available and with less or no side effect(s). Below are some of the homemade remedies for blackheads,
1. Milk + Honey
A mixture of honey and milk is an excellent home remedy for the blackheads on chest. Milk contains lactic acid which helps in making the skin soft and smooth. Honey on the other hand possesses antibacterial properties that keeps bacteria away from the skin.
For effective use of milk and honey, follow the guidelines below:-
- Take one tablespoon of organic and pure honey in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of cold milk to the honey and mix it well.
- Now microwave the contents in the bowl for a minute. Now mix the contents once again.
- Allow it to reach room temperature and then apply a thin layer of this mixture over the blackheads in chest.
- Now take a strip of dry and clean cotton cloth and pat it gently on the thin layer of honey and milk mixture.
- Make sure that it sticks firmly on the mixture. Allow it to dry and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now carefully peel this trip away and rinse your chest with cold water. Apply moisturizer on it.
- Repeat this process three times a week and you can get rid of blackheads in chest in a month’s time.
2. Apply honey on the blackheads
Honey when used alone will greatly help get rid of blackheads in chest. This is because honey contains antibacterial properties. However, it is always advisable to use the raw honey for excellent results. In addition, honey helps in balancing of the skin actions especially for the oily skins.
How can you use the honey on the blackheads? The steps for applying honey on the blackheads is simple as indicated below:-
- Smear on chest the raw honey on the affected area
- Allow it to stay in contact for a period of 10 minutes. Being in contact for some time will allow the honey to work on the blackheads.
- Use lukewarm water to wash off the honey from the skin.
- Repeat the same procedure thrice a week for excellent results
3. Steam the blackheads
It involves the use of steam or water vapor. The steam is derived from hot water. The steam operates in such a way that, it softens the blackheads by melting the sebum that is accumulated under the hair follicles.
For excellent results and safety, follow the precise steps below:-
- Pour boiled water into an open container like a basin.
- Allow the water to cool for a while for safety.
- Cover your head with a big towel and lean over the basin with your chests into contact with the steam.
- Ensure that you cover yourself in such a way that the steam does not escape out.
- Stay in contact with the steam for a while. For about 10 minutes.
- Thereafter, rinse your face with warm water and wipe to remove excess water by use of a dry and clean piece of cloth.
- Repeat the procedure for a couple of weeks to get rid of blackheads naturally.
4. Use of bentonite clay
Bentonite clay mask is used to get rid of blackheads in chest naturally. The clay is used because of its strong healing properties. The clay not only helps get rid of blackheads but also in the healing of many other ailments associated with the skin.
Bentonite clay works by removal of any oil and skin impurities from the hair follicles and the pores. The clay also provide significant minerals that aid in the circulation of blood in the skin.
However, the use of bentonite clay needs carefulness in order to get rid of the blackheads from the chest naturally. Therefore, the following steps needs to be followed attentively.
- Make a paste by mixing bentonite clay with sufficient amount of water. The paste should be thick for easy application on the skin. Apple cider vinegar could also be used instead of using water.
- Apply a thin layer of the bentonite paste on the affected region of the chest
- Allow the mask to stay on the chest for around 25 minutes until it dries out fully.
- Using lukewarm water wash the chest and pat it to dry.
- Apply a moisturizer on the chest
- Repeat the procedure for at least twice for four consecutive weeks.
5. Lemon juice + Olive Oil mixture
The two remedies work hand in hand to enhance the skin. Lemon juice is very important for cleansing of the skin. Therefore, lemon juice will help in the elimination of dirt on the skin that would otherwise combine with sebum to clog the hair follicles. Clogging of the hair follicles cause the development of blackheads. Lemon juice also helps in de-clogging the clogged skin pores.
On the other hand, olive oil plays the role of making the skin soft and smooth. Therefore, when lemon juice and olive oil are used together, the results are excellent.
For use of olive oil and lemon juice mixture,
- Mix equal amount of olive oil with an equal amount of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area of the chest.
- Leave the mixture to stay for a few minutes. Leaving it to stay overnight will yield excellent results.
- Wash it off using lukewarm water
- Repeat the above procedure for a couple of weeks for maximum results.
6. Use Tea Tree Oil to remove dirt.
Tea tree oil is extracted from a tea tree. It has strong antiseptic properties. Due to this reason, tea tree oil can help to remove dirt from the skin. The removal of dirt reduces the chances of developing blackheads in chest. This is because there will not be dirt to combine with sebum on the skin to clog the pores on the skin.
In addition, tea tree oil not only helps gets rid of the blackheads in chest but also ensures that the blackheads don’t recur.
To use tea tree oil,
- Apply enough of tea tree oil on the chest on a daily basis.
- Allow the oil to stay on the chest for a minimum of 15 minutes and this can stay overnight.
- Thereafter, wash out the tree oil using lukewarm water and wipe the excess water to dry.
7. Toothpaste for drying blackheads
Toothpaste contains mint and is normally used for brushing teeth. The paste can also be applied on blackheads. The toothpaste makes the blackheads to dry. However, toothpaste can cause irritation of the skin especially for individuals with sensitive skin.
8. Honey and Cinnamon Paste
A mixture of honey and cinnamon is very useful in eliminating blackheads in chest. Honey plays the role of keeping away bacteria due to its anti-bacterial properties. Honey also helps in de-clogging of the pores. On the other hand, cinnamon improves blood circulation on the skin making it smooth and healthier.
Below is a simple guideline on how to use the honey and cinnamon paste:-
- Mix equal amount of raw and pure honey with cinnamon powder.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste on the affected areas of the chest. To be applied on the individual blackheads.
- Allow the paste to stay on the blackheads for about five minutes.
- Thereafter, remove the layer of the paste and rinse your chests with lukewarm water.
- Then moisturize the skin to get rid of dryness.
9. Lemon Juice Remedy
Lemon juice is an effective home remedy for blackheads in chests. The lemon juice contains citric acid that is naturally alpha hydroxyl acid. The acid is very important since it helps in the exfoliation of the skin. This is done by eliminating any dirty that can cause bacteria.
In addition, nitric acid present in lemon juice helps is shrinking of the blackheads in chests. Shrinking of the blackheads makes them to heal very fast. They shrink since the acid tries to drain the contents of the blackheads.
- Extract the juice into a container
- Dilute the extract with little amount of water to reduce the acidity
- Swab the lemon juice solution using cotton balls and apply on the blackheads on chest region
- Allow the solution to dry slow as it works over the blackheads
- Clean the chest to get rid of the solution
- Repeat the procedure above three times a day for maximum results.
10. Lemon juice + Milk Remedy
Lemon juice apart from being used independently, it can also be used together with boiled milk in order to get rid of blackheads in chests very fast. As mentioned earlier on, lemon juice contains nitric acid responsible for shrinking of blackheads and skin exfoliation. On the other hand, milk contains lactic acid which helps in dissolving of impurities and dirt that cause blackheads.
The procedure of using lemon and milk remedy is as follows:-
- Mix little amount of lemon juice with boiled milk
- Apply the mixture on the blackheads on chests
- Allow the solution to dry while on the blackheads
- Then, carefully squeeze the blackheads to de-clog the pores on chests
- Repeat the process for three consecutive days